Jenna Welch Bush Hager (born November 25, 1981) is an American teacher, author, and journalist. She is the younger of the fraternal twin daughters of the 43rd U.S. President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush, and a granddaughter of the 41st U.S. President George H. W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush. She and her sister Barbara were the first twin children of a U.S. president. Hager is an author, an editor-at-large for Southern Living magazine, and correspondent for NBC News.
She is known for her work on Today (1952), Loose Change: Final Cut (2007) and Convention '92 (1992). She has been married to Henry Hager since May 10, 2008. On December 12, 2012, Henry and Jenna Hager announced on the The Today Show that they were expecting their first child. Their first daughter, Margaret Laura "Mila" Hager, was born in April 2013, in New York City. Their second daughter was born in August 2015. She is named Poppy Louise Hager, "Poppy" being President George H. W. Bush's childhood nickname and Louise being the middle name of Jenna's maternal grandmother, Jenna Hawkins Welch.
Hager also serves on the board of the Greenwich International Film Festival. Unlike most of her relatives, Hager is not a member of the Republican Party. While registering to vote in New York, she mistakenly registered with the Independence Party of New York while meaning to declare herself a nonpartisan. In 2010, Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Bush told People that they preferred not to identify with any political party, stating, "We're both very independent thinkers."
- Younger twin sister of Barbara Bush. She was delivered second. Daughter of George W. Bush and Laura Bush, granddaughter of George Bush and Barbara Bush.
- Named after her maternal grandmother.
- Graduated from the University of Texas at Austin (2004).
- Attended the University of Texas at Austin from 2000 until 2004, graduating with a BA in English.
- Was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority, Alpha Theta chapter at the University of Texas at Austin.
- To date (2017), she and sister Barbara Bush are the only twins born to a US President, namely, George W. Bush (& Laura Bush).
- Married her longtime boyfriend Henry Hager on his 30th birthday at her father's ranch in Crawford, Texas before 200 guests following an 8-month-long engagement. Sister, Barbara Bush, served as the maid of honor.